K R B Safety and Packaging CC (“K R B”) takes data privacy seriously. We understand that when sharing personal information with us, we are placed in a position of trust and we are therefore committed to safeguard the information that we collect from our websites and/or from our clients to whom we provide services/goods and/or from our business partners with whom we do business with.
This privacy notices describes how we collect and use your personal information by explaining the following:
- Who we are and what we do;
- What personal information we collect;
- Where do we obtain the personal information from;
- How we use your personal information;
- With whom do we share your personal information;
- Transferring of personal information to other countries;
- Measures we take to protect your personal information;
- How long we retain your personal information;
- Your rights in relation to your personal information;
- Automated Decision Making;
- How you can make contract with us;
- Updating this Privacy Notice
When providing your personal information to us, via one or our website, email, in person, over the phone, via a call center, or in any other manner not specifically mentioned here, this privacy notice will apply.
There may be circumstances where you receive marketing material on third party websites that generally have their own privacy notices and related terms and conditions and we encourage you to read same before making use of the website.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
K R B is We are a leader in the procurement and distribution of quality and application specific protective and industrial solutions. KRB offers multi-brand distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE), Packaging and Industrial products as well as procurement management solutions.
We strive to develop partnerships with all our clients and suppliers.
KRB has partnership agreements with some of the most reputable brands in the world which are manufactured in State-of-the-art ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 facilities, which includes many Proudly South African brands.
By keeping abreast of the latest trends and technological developments globally, and continuously evolving and innovating, KRB remains a front-runner in the security solutions market. Through a bouquet of services and related products, the Group can tailor make a solution for any requirements.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal information means any information that can be used directly or indirectly to identify a specific individual or business.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information when requested but should you refuse we may not be able to render our services to you or otherwise have a business relationship with you.
We collect and process different types of personal information in the course of operating our business and providing our services to you. These includes:
- Basic personal information such as your name and surname;
- Contract information such as your telephone number, email address and postal address and in some instances your fax number;
- Demographic information such as your address, province you reside in;
- Financial information such as payment related information and bank account details;
- Credit related information from third party Credit Bureaus;
- Personal information provided to or generated by us in the course of providing our security service which in some instance will include “special personal” information;
- Data provided to us in the course of attending events or meetings at any one or our premises;
- Information relating to race and gender as far as it relates to equal employment opportunities and Black Economic Empowerment;
- Website usage and technical data such as the details of your visits to our website and making use of our “contact me” form;
WHERE DO WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect and receive personal information in a number of different ways including:
- Collecting personal information directly from you by means of email, telephone, call centers, face to face interaction with our business representatives;
- When monitoring the use or interaction with our websites;
- Information collected during marketing campaigns and other means of direct marketing
- Collection from third parties;
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to use the information. Most commonly we use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Consent: Where you have given us your consent to use the information
- Contract Performance: When the information is necessary to enter into a contract with you and during the subsistence of the contractual relationship with you
- Legal Obligation: Where it is necessary for us to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Legitimate interest: Where we, as a Responsible Party, has established a legitimate interest to process the information and our reasons for using the information outweighs the prejudice to your rights as a data subject
- Legal Claim: Where your information is necessary to prosecute, defend or make a claim against you or another third party.
- Your Interest: In the instances where it becomes necessary to use your personal information to protect your or someone else’s interest
- Public Interest: Where its in the public interest to use your personal information
MORE SPECIFICALLY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- To provide our services and goods to you – we use your information to perform our agreed services to you including to carry out any obligation that arises from any agreement that we have entered into.
- Legal and Regulatory Obligations – from time to time we are required to use personal information to ensure that we, as a responsible corporate citizen and the provider of innovative security related services, comply with the statutory obligations placed on us
- To facilitate the use of our websites – to respond to requests for information and enquiries from website visitors and to ensure that our website operates effectively whilst being used by you.
- To enforce our agreement with you – to recover any payments due to us, including the recovery of such monies through the engagement with debt collection agencies and legal practitioners including the institution of legal proceedings for such recovery. The personal information may also be used to institute and defend any legal proceedings, by you or another third party, relating to the agreement.
MEASURES WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a provider that aims to secure your information we will also take all reasonable physical, technical and managerial measures to protect your personal information for unlawful access, use, disclosure or destruction.
Our measures include but is not limited to implementing appropriate access controls, investing in our information security capabilities, and keeping into consideration best industry practices.
Access to your personal data is only permitted amongst our employees and agents on a need-to- know basis and subject to contractual confidentiality obligations. Our staff receive regular communications relating to POPIA and the role that they play when processing personal information. Staff receive various face to face training as well as training via a e-learning platform on a ongoing basis.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will retain your personal data in line with prescribed legislation, if any, and if not the data shall be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the information was collected for, and if applicable for any other purpose that is linked to the initial reason for collection.
We base our data retention periods on the needs of our business but will at all relevant times take into consideration the applicable legislative prescripts ad well as best practice.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a data subject you have a right:
- To be notified what personal information is being processed
- To be information with whom your personal information has been shared
- To request us to provide you with an extract of the personal information we hold about you
- To request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. This will enable you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we may have about you
- To request the deletion of your information or more commonly referred to as the right to be forgotten. This right may be exercised if we have no lawful basis to have or retain personal information about you.
- To object to the processing our your personal information in the prescribed manner and on reasonable grounds. In particular you have the right to object against the use of your information for direct marketing purposes
- If our processing activity is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- To request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This right enables you to request that we suspend processing on certain grounds
- To request that we transfer your personal information to another party
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing and which has a legal or other significant impact on you. In particular you have the right to obtain human intervention, to express your point of view, to obtain an explanation of the decision reached and to challenge the decision
When exercising any of your rights as a data subject we may have to require specific information from you to confirm your identity and to establish your right to access the personal information. This requirement is being put in place to ensure that we do not disclose your personal information to a requester that does not have a right to receive it. We will respond to your request to exercise any of you rights within a reasonable time.
We are, in terms of the law, required to take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information.
Cookies are small text files that websites use to collect information whilst you are browsing the internet. Cookies are processed and stored by your web browser. Different cookies can be used ranging from necessary functional cookies to enable a website to function to cookies that collect and store a wealth of data about you in order to identify you and track you online activity.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE CONTACT WITH US
We have appointed the following deputy information officers to oversee compliance to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we use your personal information please contact:
K R B Information office: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice from time to time. We will at all times have available the lasts version of this policy on our website and we therefor encourage you to review the policy when visiting our website in order to stay informed as to how we use your information.